TSE 2017 Clear Sky Charts Stack
CSC Thumbnails: Pacific Coast to Missouri River
Clear Sky Chart Nearest Place _Newport OR
_Prairie City OR
_SE of Unity OR
_Juncture #33 & #22, ID
_Juncture #26 & #532, WY
_Mullen NE (24 km S)
_Broken Bow NE
_St Joseph MO
Link to page of stacked CSC with further location information.
- This is a stack of Clear Sky Charts (CSC) thumbnails from the Pacific Coast to the Missouri River with an average spacing of some 80 kilometres within the path of totality of the Total Solar Eclipse of 21 August 2017.
- Each thumbnail consists of 2 rows of 24 blocks (above the underscore character before each place name); the top row is the forecasted hourly Cloud Cover, the bottom row is the forecasted hourly Transparency, over 2 days (the red vertical lines separate the days.)
- Essentially, this is a cloud cover / transparency forecast over time (X-axis) along the path of totality (Y-axis).
- Clicking on any CSC thumbnail will bring up the off-site CSC full chart for the referenced place (with a full explanation on using the CSC).
- In the off-site CSC full chart, clicking on any block will open a full forecast map, which may be animated, providing context.
- Full credit for the Clear Sky Chart goes to Attilla Danko (see ClearDarkSky CSC webpage) with data from Alan Rahill of the Canadian Meteorological Center.